Operations & Production
ADMA-OPCO operates two major fields - Umm Shaif and Zakum. The operations are centered on producing oil and gas from these fields, and transferring the crude through a sophisticated pipeline network to Das Island for processing, storing and exporting. The collection and treatment processes of oil and gas are executed by utilizing giant structures, installed in the field in the 1960s and 1970s, and are called Supercomplexes. Manned by skilled UAE and expatriate employees, these complexes comprise modern plants and platforms and are firmly placed in the sea like man-made islands.
Drilling in the offshore areas at present is handled by a fleet of drilling rigs leased from National Drilling Company (NDC). The techniques used in drilling has progressed throughout the years, starting with vertical drilling, then deviated and currently horizontal. New concepts like Drilling the Limit (DTL) were introduced to reduce time and cost of drilling operations, while maintaining safe and high standards.
Logistical support to the offshore operations is provided by the Supply Base in Mussaffah. The support includes tools, materials and items needed there. A fleet of helicopters and boats is utilised to ferry people to and from the offshore sites, and to load or unload materials.
Export quota of oil and gas is controlled and determined by Abu Dhabis Supreme Petroleum Council, and is implemented through by Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC).
In relation to ADMA-OPCO's shareholding, ADNOC, which represents the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, holds 60%, while the rest 40% is divided between BP, Total and JODCO.